Stribling’s focus remains the same whether you are buying a home or renting one: our priority is to exceed your expectations. Our agents work with you to understand your needs, screen properties, and match you to the perfect layout, location, and building.
One of the most important decisions you can make is whether to buy or rent an apartment. There are times when it makes more sense to rent. When that's the case, a licensed real estate broker can help sort through the lifestyle and financial considerations involved and help you make the right choice for your needs.
An experienced Stribling real estate broker knows the market and understands the rental process. We can negotiate on your behalf and guide you through the complexity and range of considerations you'll face in today's rental marketplace.
Some factors you may want to consider in your decision to rent versus buy:
- Frequent Job Relocation
- If the nature of your job means that you relocate often, or you are likely to relocate sometime within the next few years, renting may be the ideal solution for you.
- Home Maintenance and Repairs
- If you don’t have time for ongoing maintenance and repairs, renting is a better option, as the landlord or management company is responsible for the property.
- When Renting Costs Less
- One of the most obvious cases for renting instead of buying a home is when renting simply costs less. Renting can also give you time to get to know an area and become comfortable there before choosing to buy.
In an ever-changing real estate market like New York, a seasoned broker can help you navigate the ins and outs of renting. Stribling agents assist their rental clients with exclusive listings, daily showings, hands-on management, and in-depth knowledge of contracts and leases.
Every Stribling real estate agent is licensed by the State of New York and is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York, which institutes strict ethical business practices designed to protect renters. In the New York City rental market, your Stribling agent is your representative. He or she is working for you and will guide you through such considerations as:
- Neighborhood and apartment selection
- Understanding types of leases, including rent-stabilization laws
- Documentation and financial preparation
- Lease signing